Search this blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Does Your Drive Not Open on Double Click

One of our readers Manish mailed me and asked a question. “Whenever I double click on my D drive, it does not open. It shows me a find window and i am not able to access it. I am not able to access any type of data, What can be done.
On Further probing, I came to know that whenever he double clicks, Find window opens up, and this was no result of a Virus attack, it was just playing with the Folder Options, which resulted in this situation.
He was able to see the “Find” option as the main option in bold, and also able to open drives through right click options. When I checked it, I saw that the Registry gets edited when we do the changes as Manish did.
Here is the solution to Manish’s Problem

  1. Go to Start –> Run, Type Regedit
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell
  3. In the Right pane, Change the Only value there “Default” to “None
This Solved the issue. If you are facing this problem too, you can try this and thus get your problem solved.

No comments: