Search this blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Missing “Folder Options” in Windows Xp?

Recently, I came across with a virus, which simply makes you “Folder Options” invisible, and creating great troubles for me. Firstly I thought that it was some windows file that could have gone corrupt, and then i thought of running the setup once again. But when I saw what changes have been made to my registry, I saw a small change, a new DWORD value was created. Changing the value did the trick and i was successfully able to see the Folder Options and do the desired changes. If you are facing this problem too, Here is what I did.

  1. Go to Start –> Run, type Regedit.
  2. Go to HKEY CURRENT USER / SOFTWARE / MICROSOFT / WINDOWS /
    CURRENTVERSION / POLICIES / EXPLORER
  3. You will find a DWORD value “NoFolderOptions” and its value as “1“.
  4. Change its value from “1” to “0“.
The folder options should now work properly. If in case you need to hide Folder Options then this is a cool trick as well.

No comments: